This is a unit developed with a learning sequence about the environmental, economic and technological factors that influence crop yields in Australia and across the world.
In this unit, students:
- explore environmental factors that support crop yields
- investigate contributing environmental factors why a crop is grown where it is
- examine the role variability across the landscape and its affect on productivity
- explore some of the digital technologies being developed to increase crop yields
- are introduced to emerging technologies that assist with higher crop yields
- reflect and evaluate on the environmental, economic and technological factors that influence crop yields
We need your feedback. When you have completed this unit please tell us what you think via the online survey . We will regularly update the units and your feedback will help PIEFA keep the resources current and relevant to teachers.
precision, agriculture, variable, gps, gis, spatial, soil, variability, landscape, management, temporal