This video is about the technologies in the fibre industry to produce tissue.
Video in review: Scott Whicker works at Kimberly Clark Australia Millicent as the Mill Manager in Millicent, SA. The company produces a range of tissue products for Australia and New Zealand. The different wood produces different the pulp – long fibre from soft wood (e.g Pine), and hard wood produces short fibre (e.g eucalypt from Brazil). The pulp goes through different processing to manufacture different products.
- From what is explained on the video, draw a diagram of the steps to create the tissue fibre discussed initially in the video
- What are the two different fibres discussed and from what trees do they originate?
- List two things that create the different properties in the tissue
- From watching the video from start to finish, list all the types of technology you see
- Identify three careers that can be identified in this video
We need your feedback. When you have completed this unit please tell us what you think via the online survey . We will regularly update the units and your feedback will help PIEFA keep the resources current and relevant to teachers.
To access the Teacher worksheet please go to the following website:
tissue, paper, fibre, technology, wood, forest, forestry, processing, pulp, PIEFA resource, worksheets