This year 12 Agriculture resource addresses the topics of
– plant competition within a forest coupe,
– the subsequent effect of competition on trees and
– how managers control competition to produce trees that meet the desired specifications.
The lesson is designed to allow students to:
– view source material to develop their understanding of competition and density within a forest, and then
– allow them to complete a series of workstations to summarise the content.
Note: This lesson has been developed for the N.S.W BOSTES Stage 6 Agriculture Syllabus but will still be applicable to use in other states.
Agriculture, Competition (Ecology), Competitive advantage, Density, Forest management, Forestry, Growth, Plant Growth, Plantations, Resource Management