Changes: Fresh and processed foods
- Design and Technologies Investigate food and fibre production and food technologies used in modern and traditional societies. (ACTDEK012)
- Design and Technologies Plan a sequence of production steps when making designed solutions individually and collaboratively. (ACTDEP018) English Listen to and contribute to conversations and discussions to share information and ideas and negotiate in collaborative situations. (ACELY1676)
- Science Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships. (ACSHE050) Maths Collect data, organise into categories and create displays using lists, tables, picture graphs and simple column graphs, with and without the use of digital technologies. (ACMSP069)
Students in this activity will explore food in a hands-on manner to consider changes raw food goes through to become a familiar food.
- Explore change in food.
- Understand the role of production and food technologies past and present.
- Expand understanding of the sequence of production steps.
- Learn the role of chemistry and maths in the composition, transformation and production of our food.
Teacher Guide – Fresh and Processed Foods (519KB PDF)
Teacher Guide – Fresh and Processed Foods (34KB Docx)
Food Facts (93KB PDF)
Food Facts (83KB Docx) Does my food need to change? (4MB PPT)
Does my food need to change (88KB Docx)
fresh, processed, shopping, packaging